Analytical review of administrative trials on March 27 in Minsk (Infographics)
Analytical review of court hearings and access to justice in Minsk during the administrative trials held on March 27 following mass arrests of protesters on 25 and 26 March 2017
Former political prisoner Viachaslau Kasinerau fined 115 rubles
The Maskoŭski District Court of Minsk sentenced yesterday Viachaslau Kasinerau to a fine of 115 rubles (EUR 56).
Human rights defender Tatsiana Reviaka fined 460 rubles
The Court of Minsk’s Centraĺny district completed today hearing the administrative charges against human rights activist Tatsiana Reviaka.
16 persons said to face charges of ‘organizing an illegal armed group’. Updated list of defendants (updated)
According to a reliable source, 16 persons currently held in the ‘rioting case’ have faced additional charges of ‘organizing an illegal armed group’ (Art. 287 of the Criminal Code).
BAHRAIN: Appeal to release Nabeel Rajab and Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja and concern over their deteriorating health
Joint appeal signed by 63 organisations around the world to release human rights defenders Nabeel Rajab and Abdulhadi Al-Khawaja who both require adequate medical care
Analytical review of detentions in Minsk in March 2017 (infographics)
From March 27 to April 13, the Human Rights Center "Viasna" collected and processed 130 questionnaires from individuals whose rights were violated for exericsing freedom of expression and the right to peaceful assembly.
Political prisoner Viachaslau Kasinerau freed before trial
Political prisoner Viachaslau Kasinerau has been released today, after the Maskoŭski District Court of Minsk ordered to replace his pre-trial detention by a release on own recognizance.
14 Belarusian judges earlier on EU sanctions list involved in new judicial harassment
Fourteen Belarusian judges previously blacklisted by the EU for their role in the political persecution following the 2010 presidential election have been involved in more cases of judicial harassment against critics of the regime.
19 persons still in custody in ‘rioting case’
According to latest reports, 19 persons remain in custody in the case of ‘preparing mass riots’, as of April 17. All of them have been charged under Part 3 of Article 293 of the Criminal Code.
Human rights defender Pavel Levinau sentenced to 15 days in jail
Human rights activist Pavel Levinau has been sentenced in absentia to 15 days of administrative detention on charges of involvement in illegal demonstrations on 25 and 26 March in Viciebsk, press service of the Belarusian Association of Journalists said.
Statement: Release Political Prisoner Dzmitry Paliyenka
Joint statement of Belarus human rights organizations
Expert Conclusion on Prosecution of Dzmitry Paliyenka
We learnt that on April 7, 2017 the Zavodski district court of Minsk considered the file of the body supervising behavior of the convicted (most likely it was the police department of the Zavodski district) and overturned the suspension of enforcement of the penalty imposed on the civil activist Dzmitry Paliyenka. He is to be sent to the correctional colony to serve a term of deprivation of freedom for one year and a half (including the time he has already stayed under arrest before the trial in 2016).
- Human rights defenders call to step up implementation of election recommendations
- Parliamentary Elections 2016. Final Report
- Observer in Orša fined for ‘disorderly conduct at the polling station’
- Ales Bialiatski: Civilian control prevents government from downplaying problems
- Miklós Haraszti: Belarus elections 'lipstick measures on face of violations'
- EU Says Belarus Elections Show Need For 'Comprehensive' Reform
- Human rights defenders: CEC’s promises and attempts to show improvements fail to bring progress
- OSCE ODIHR: Belarus elections efficiently organized, long-standing systemic shortcomings remain
- Parliamentary Elections. September 11, 2016. Analytical Report (full text) (updated)
- Invitation to press conference on results of election observation
- Parliamentary Elections: Report on Election Campaigning
- Parliamentary elections: Final report on early voting
- Parliamentary elections: Analytical report on fourth day of early voting
- Parliamentary elections: Analytical report on third day of early voting
- Activists protest forced early voting