Picks of the Week
Brest blogger fined for "intrusive" behavior towards policeman; Artist fined for performance in defense of Belarusian language; Nazi propaganda criminalized, extremist symbols outlawed in adopted draft law; Peaceful assembly organizers sue police for bad public maintenance service; Another death sentence executed in Belarus
Council of Europe condemns latest death sentence execution in Belarus
The Council of Europe condemns the execution of the next death sentence in Belarus, the spokesperson of the organization wrote on his Twitter.
Joint position of human rights organizations to subsequent round of EU-Belarus dialog (document)
Belarusian human rights organizations issued a joint position on the verge of the next following round of EU-Belarus dialog.
Mass Media Situation in Belarus in 2018. Report by BAJ
The Belarusian Association of Journalists has published an annual Monitoring Report 2018 on the situation in the field of media.
Death convict executed in Belarus on the verge of II European Games
The execution of the death sentence against Aliaksandr Zhylnikau is carried out.
Picks of the Week
New fines for Brest environmental activists; Mikhail Zhamchuzhny's petitions are not considered; Performance against dominance of Russian language results in arrest; Minsk hosts an international conference on combating extremism; LGBTQ initiative faces charges for illegal use of the homophobic newspaper logo
UN Special Rapporteur reports absence of significant improvements in human rights situation in Belarus
The Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Belarus Anaïs Marin delivered a report according to her mandate.
Resolution of international conference "Human Rights and Combating Extremism" (document)
Belarusian participants of the international conference "Human rights and Combating Extremism" adopted a common resolution.
Human rights situation in Belarus. May 2019
The latest overview of the situation with human rights in Belarus.
Minsk hosts conference on human rights and combating extremism
On June 4, Minsk human rights space Rights Territory hosts an international conference "Human Rights and Combating Extremism." The event features local and international human rights experts.
Picks of the week
Prosecutor General’s Office launches probe into police raids in Roma houses; courts continue to punish illegal protesters; activists stage monstration in Mahilioŭ, first allowed protest in 7 years
How Belarus fails its homeless
Belarus is the host of next month’s European Games. This is bad news for the country’s many homeless. Already facing a hostile bureaucracy and lacking decent shelters, the homeless will be targeted for ‘street cleaning’ by the authorities.
- Reporters Without Borders: Journalists, bloggers barred from vote count in Belarus
- Local elections. Final report
- EU Urges Belarus To Undertake 'Serious' Electoral Reform
- Electoral system of Belarus requires urgent reanimation
- Report on monitoring the phase of election campaigning
- HRDs to present results of monitoring local elections
- Report on the registration of candidates for deputies of local councils
- Denying registration to opposition candidates aims at securing desired turnout
- Report on monitoring the formation of precinct election commissions
- Report on the results of monitoring the registration of nomination groups
- Monitoring report on the formation of district election commissions
- Monitoring report on the formation of territorial election commissions
- Human rights activists launch campaign of monitoring local elections
- Fact sheet on the press conference by the campaign “Human Rights Defenders For Free Elections”
- Local elections on the background of shelved electoral changes — press conference by human rights defenders