Henadz Fiadynich charged with tax evasion
Henadz Fiadynich, head of the independent Trade Union of Radio and Electronic Industry (REP), has been officially charged with tax evasion, BelaPAN said quoting the Investigative Committee’s spokesperson Yuliya Hancharova.
Komlik formally charged, Fiadynich still a suspect
Ihar Komlik, chief accountant of the REP trade union, has bene officially charged under Part 2 of Article 243 of the Criminal Code, “large-scale tax evasion.”
Observatory condemns judicial harassment against trade union leaders in Belarus
The Observatory fears that REP and BITU leaders are being targeted in reprisal for their human rights activities and calls for the immediate release of Mr. Komlik, as well as ending all judicial harassment against REP and BITU leaders, in particular Messrs Komlik and Fiadynich, in so far as it appears to only aim at sanctioning their peaceful and legitimate human rights activities.
International trade union leaders call to end persecution of Fiadynich and Komlik
Valter Sanches, General Secretary of the IndustriALL Global Union, and Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC), have expressed deep concern and outrage at the recent searches in the offices of the Belarusian Independent Trade Union (BNP) and the Belarusian Trade Union of Radio Electronic Industry (REP) in a letter to President Lukashenka, Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Prosecutor General of Belarus.
Let’s celebrate International Day of Solidarity with the civil society of Belarus
It’s 2017, and we would like to be happy that the world has changed, becoming more humane and kinder. But unfortunately, this minute the trade unions are being searched, and people are arrested after expressing solidarity with their colleagues, the death penalty is still in place.
Stop prosecution of Henadz Fiadynich and Ihar Komlik
Joint Statement of Belarusian Human Rights Organizations
Trade union leaders face tax evasion charges (updated)
The Minsk and Salihorsk offices of two key opposition trade unions have been raided today by the Department for Financial Investigations, nn.by said. Office equipment and financial documents have been seized.
Human Rights Situation in Belarus: July 2017
The government of Belarus still adheres to the policy of repression against civil society activists and members of the political opposition, which started in the spring of this year, while assumptions of its mitigation are still premature.
PACE: Abolition of death penalty in Belarus, simply a question of political will
Yves Cruchten (Luxembourg, SOC), General Rapporteur of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) on the abolition of the death penalty, and Andrea Rigoni (Italy, ALDE), PACE rapporteur on the situation in Belarus, have denounced the two death sentences handed down by the Mogilev regional court in Belarus.
The Many Faces Of Forced Labour In Belarus
According to the International Labour Organisation, violations of workers' rights in Belarus go beyond unpaid youth labour. The most notorious examples include forced labour of prisoners, soldiers, and inmates at labour therapy facilities, as well as occasional unpaid work on Saturdays and mandatory job placements for university graduates.
EU Criticizes Belarusian Death Sentences
The European Union on July 21 criticized the two latest death sentences handed down in Belarus, saying that they "violate the right to life."
Two new death verdicts handed down in Mahilioŭ
The Mahilioŭ Regional Court completed today the hearing of a headline-making case of ‘black estate agents’, sentencing two defendants, Ihar Hershankou and Siamion Berazhnou, to death and two more, Tatsiana Hershankova and Barys Kalesnikau, to lengthy prison terms.
- Human rights defenders call to step up implementation of election recommendations
- Parliamentary Elections 2016. Final Report
- Observer in Orša fined for ‘disorderly conduct at the polling station’
- Ales Bialiatski: Civilian control prevents government from downplaying problems
- Miklós Haraszti: Belarus elections 'lipstick measures on face of violations'
- EU Says Belarus Elections Show Need For 'Comprehensive' Reform
- Human rights defenders: CEC’s promises and attempts to show improvements fail to bring progress
- OSCE ODIHR: Belarus elections efficiently organized, long-standing systemic shortcomings remain
- Parliamentary Elections. September 11, 2016. Analytical Report (full text) (updated)
- Invitation to press conference on results of election observation
- Parliamentary Elections: Report on Election Campaigning
- Parliamentary elections: Final report on early voting
- Parliamentary elections: Analytical report on fourth day of early voting
- Parliamentary elections: Analytical report on third day of early voting
- Activists protest forced early voting