Russian national facing charges in Tsikhanouski case (updated)
Dmitry Popov, moderator of several social media accounts affiliated with Siarhei Tsikhanouski’s YouTube channel “A Country For Living”, has been charged under Part 1, Art. 342 of the Criminal Code (preparation for or active participation in group actions that grossly violate public order).
International community must continue scrutinizing human rights situation ahead of Belarus election, says UN expert
The UN's human rights expert on Belarus today called for international support for human rights defenders in the East European country as crackdowns on peaceful protests spread ahead of the 9 August presidential election.
Immediately release Pavel Seviarynets!
Joint statement of human rights and other civil society organizations of Belarus
Siarhei Sparysh is new political prisoner
The human rights community of Belarus has called Siarhei Sparysh, an activist of the Narodnaya Hramada party facing charges under part 1 of Art. 342 of the Criminal Code (organization or active participation in group actions that grossly violate public order), a political prisoner.
Key international human rights groups call UN HRC to renew mandate of Special Rapporteur on Belarus
Amnesty International, Civil Rights Defenders, Human Rights House Foundation, Human Rights Watch and FIDH are urging the UN Human Rights Council to renew the mandate of Special Rapporteur on the human rights situation in Belarus at its 44th session opened on June 30.
MPs take over godparenthood for political prisoners in Belarus
Exactly one month before the presidential elections in Belarus, the German-Swiss human rights organisation Libereco – Partnership for Human Rights has launched a solidarity campaign for political prisoners in the EU neighbouring state.
Two political prisoners released before trial
Vasil Babrouski and Uladzimir Navumik, both earlier charged under Art. 342 of the Criminal Code (“breaching public order”), have been released from pre-trial detention.
Another person facing charges in Tsikhanouski’s ‘disturbances’ case
Siarhei Sparysh, spokesperson for Nardonaya Hramada, an opposition movement led by former political prisoner Mikalai Statkevich, is facing charges under Part 1 Art. 342 of the Criminal Code (preparation for or active participation in actions that grossly violate public order).
Government slashes campaigning locations in attempt to sterilize elections
Following an unprecedented crackdown on presidential nominees and members of their campaign teams, the authorities have opted to minimize the outreach of the upcoming campaigning phase of the presidential election set for August 9.
FIDH asks Belarus to allow Viasna attend pardon hearing in death penalty case
The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) has written to the Belarusian authorities urging them to allow Valiantsin Stefanovich, Viasna human rights defender and FIDH vice-president, to attend the hearing of the petition for pardon filed with the presidential commission in the case of the death row prisoners Kostseu brothers.
Human rights groups call to release Babaryka campaign activists
The human rights organizations of Belarus insist on the immediate and unconditional release of Alena Karahachava and Dzmitry Karaka, members of Viktar Babaryka’s campaign team.
Amnesty International calls to release veteran activist Pavel Seviarynets
Amnesty International has launched an urgent action forcing the Belarusian authorities to release known opposition activist Pavel Seviarynets who is reportedly ill-treated while serving 75 days of administrative detention.
- Russian national facing charges in Tsikhanouski case (updated)
- Siarhei Sparysh is new political prisoner
- Two political prisoners released before trial
- Another person facing charges in Tsikhanouski’s ‘disturbances’ case
- Human rights groups call to release Babaryka campaign activists
- Viasna condemns persecution of opposition leader Statkevich as politically motivated
- We call to stop repressions and pressure on civil society
- Amnesty International calls Tsikhanouski, Babaryka, associates and bloggers prisoners of conscience
- Four critical bloggers charged in Tsikhanouski case
- HRHF: Crackdown by Belarusian Authorities on Opposition Figures, Peaceful Protesters, and Journalists
- Viktar Babaryka charged in criminal case
- Belarusian human rights defenders call to immediately release Viktar Babaryka and members of his nomination group
- Presidential nominee Viktar Babaryka, campaign chief detained in new criminal case (updated)
- Siarhei Tsikhanouski facing new charge of “obstructing elections”
- Andrei Novikau called eighth political prisoner in Tsikhanouski case