House arrest cancelled for political prisoner Liliya Ulasava
The authorities have ordered to cancel the house arrest restrictions earlier imposed on arrested member of the opposition Coordination Council Liliya Ulasava, her husband told tut.by.
Swiss MPs call to release Natallia Hersche arrested in Belarus
In an open letter, 18 Swiss parliamentarians from the SP, Greens, CVP and EVP address the Belarusian Minister of Justice, Minister of the Interior and Attorney General and demand the release of the imprisoned Swiss citizen Natallia Hersche.
HRDs condemn government-run Constitutional reform as “attempt to silence gross human rights violations”
We believe that the process of discussing changes to the Constitution organized by the authorities is an attempt to silence gross human rights violations, including torture of thousands of detainees. In the current catastrophic human rights situation in Belarus, the full devaluation of the rule of law, in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation, and given that a number of potential dialogue actors who enjoy the support of Belarusian society are in imprisonment, some de facto in exile, it is impossible to conduct a truly inclusive and effective process of discussing changes to the Constitution.
MPs from Lithuania, Austria and Germany join "godparenthood" campaign
As part of the Libereco’s solidarity campaign #WeStandBYyou, Rasa Juknevičienė (European Parliament, Lithuania), Ewa Ernst-Dziedzic (National Council, Austria) and Delara Burkhardt (European Parliament, Germany) have taken over a godparenthood for political prisoners in Belarus.
2020 Sakharov Prize awarded to democratic opposition in Belarus
The democratic opposition in Belarus has been awarded the 2020 Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought.
Austrian and German MPs take over godparenthood for Ihnat Sidorchyk, Dzianis Kireshchanka and Dzianis Chykaliou
As part of Libereco’s solidarity campaign #WeStandBYyou, Jürgen Hardt (Bundestag, Germany), Lukas Mandl (European Parliament, Austria) und Reinhold Lopatka (National Council, Austria) have taken over a godparenthood for political prisoners in Belarus. They demand their immediate and unconditional release.
Human rights coalition calls 9 more persons political prisoners
Joint statement by the human rights organizations of Belarus
Persons under house arrest are still political prisoners
Three political prisoners released from pre-trial detention after Aliaksandr Lukashenka’s visit to the KGB prison on October 10 have been placed under house arrest. Four more were subjected to less stringent restrictions, known as release on own recognizance.
Libereco demands freedom for Swiss citizen arrested in Belarus
Natallia Hersche, Swiss-Belarusian dual citizen from St. Gallen, has been in a Belarusian prison for exactly one month today. She had travelled to her former home country in September and was arrested there during a peaceful women’s rally on 19 September.
240 detained in Sunday March of Partisans
At least 242 people were detained at yesterday’s series of protests, jointly named the March of Partisans. The demonstrations were held in a dozen Belarusian cities on Day 71 of post-election protests.
Vitaly Shklyarov, Liliya Ulasava released from pre-trial detention
Vitaly Shklyarov, a Belarusian-American political scientist facing politically motivated criminal charges in Belarus, has been released from pre-trial detention, according to his lawyer Anton Hashynski.
Political prisoner Illia Salei is free
Illia Salei, a lawyer who was earlier arrested on criminal charges, has been released from pre-trial detention, according to reliable sources.
- HRDs voice priority recommendations to Belarusian authorities within UPR procedure (document)
- Viasna calls to drop criminal charges against volunteer Andrei Chapiuk
- Salihorsk human rights activist sentenced to 10 days in prison
- Viasna site still on blacklist
- 42 rights groups: Belarus authorities must stop persecuting civil society and engage in dialogue
- Write to Marfa!
- Ales Bialiatski and Viasna win Right Livelihood Award
- Civic Solidarity Platform calls to release Marfa Rabkova
- Marfa Rabkova faces formal charges
- Urgent action by Amnesty International: Release human rights defender Marfa Rabkova
- Ukrainian NGO call to stop pressure on Viasna
- Front Line Defenders urges Belarus to release Marfa Rabkova
- Viasna activist Marfa Rabkova is political prisoner
- Amnesty International: Marfa Rabkova and all prisoners of conscience must be immediately and unconditionally released
- Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders calls to release Viasna's Marfa Rabkova