Human rights defenders prepared a report to the UN on the state's implementation of the recommendations of the third cycle of the Universal Periodic Review
The report was prepared by a coalition of Belarusian human rights organizations.
Stories of teenage political prisoners of Belarus who were deprived of their freedom
Viasna reports how the Belarusian authorities persecute children for political reasons, and why the children were imprisoned.
Statement on the recognition of six new political prisoners
Statement by the human rights community of Belarus
What happened to political prisoners between November 17 and 27
Viasna provides a weekly overview of the latest news on political prisoners.
Searches connected to elections to the Coordinating Council are held for "treason to the state" and a number of other criminal articles
On the morning of November 28, Viasna learnt about mass searches in Minsk.
Latest news about jailed Viasna human rights defenders
We collected news on Viasna team members who are behind bars.
Solidarity without borders: a guide on supporting political prisoners from abroad
Now that thousands of Belarusians are scattered all over the world, Viasna has gathered possible ways to support and cheer up political prisoners from abroad.
Statement of the human rights community on the recognition of 13 new political prisoners
Joint statement by the Belarusian human rights community
Support Viasna on Giving Tuesday
For the first time, Viasna has decided to join the global Tuesday of radical generosity and calls for support for its long-term activities in defense of human rights in Belarus.
"We will have an expert mission." Human rights activists explained how they will conduct an election monitoring campaign
Representatives of the Human Rights Defenders for Free Elections campaign and its expert Pavel Sapelka answered a number of topical questions about the upcoming election campaign.
Statement on the launch of an expert election* observation mission in Belarus on February 25, 2024
The Human Rights Defenders for Free Elections campaign announces the launch of an expert mission to monitor the elections* of deputies of the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of the eighth convocation and local Councils of Deputies of the twenty-ninth convocation, which will be held in Belarus on February 25, 2024.
Violation of the right not to be tried twice? The UN expressed concern about the use of article 411
Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Belarus and Working Group on Arbitrary Detention appealed to the Belarusian state regarding the application of article 411 of the Criminal Code of Belarus. There was no response from the Belarusian state to this appeal.
- Death sentence passed in Sluck
- The prosecutor requested the death penalty for a man accused of murder
- "I've always been against it." The leader of the band Mashina Vremeni joined the campaign Human Rights Defenders against the Death Penalty in Belarus
- We invite you to an event in Białystok for the International Day against the Death Penalty
- Protects everyone’s right to life: UN Special Rapporteurs addressed Belarusian authorities
- Human rights defenders strongly protest against expansion of the death penalty in Belarus
- Condemned prisoner's death date revealed more than a year after the execution
- Andrei Paluda: “Authorities still consider the death penalty as a deterrent”
- Tsikhanouskaya: “Activists live in fear of being shot dead”
- “It is all the more urgent to come together”: World Congress Against the Death Penalty starts
- Andrei Paluda: “I hope there will be no more death sentences”
- The UN HRC found a violation of the rights of the mother of executed Pavel Selyun
- Amnesty International: Belarus remains the only country in Europe carrying out executions
- State Department: The perpetrators of human rights abuses will be held to account
- Amnesty International: New death penalty law is the ultimate attack on human rights