Six categories restricted to travel abroad
The databank about citizens of Belarus who are temporarily restricted to travel abroad includes 6 categories of persons.
As we have informed, on December 17 Belarusian president issued a decree No. 643 “On Simplification of exit procedure in the Republic of Belarus”. Under the decree, since January 1, 2008 a temporarily exit of citizens abroad would be made without a permissive stamp in a passport.
At the same time, “Provision on databank of citizens of Belarus, whose right to depart from Belarus is temporarily restricted” has been adopted. The databank is to be created by the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The order of informational interaction of agencies providing information to this databank is defined by the document, BelaPAN informs.
The databank will include:
- people, who know state secrets, until the expiry of the term stated in the state secrets’ access permit;
- suspects or accused in a criminal case, until the termination of prosecution;
- convicted for crimes, except sentenced to restriction to take certain positions or banned from some profession, until execution of punishment or remission of penalty;
- people eluding liabilities by the court for the term defined by the court, but not longer than the end of the judicial proceedings;
- draft evader, or those who failed to take part in inactive duty, until they turned up at military draft events.
Besides, the order of informing citizens about their right to travel abroad is temporarily suspended, and about lifting this restriction. The database is formed basing on infromation received by the Interior Ministry from Justice Ministry, Defence Ministry and the KGB, and based on the information of the Internal Ministry.
As we have informed, minister of internal affairs of Belarus General-Lieutenant Uladzimer Navumau supposed that the list of people temporally restricted to travel abroad outside Belarus will include about 100 thousands Belarusian citizens.