Brest Regional Court to consider complaint by ex-candidate
Former candidate in this year’s local elections Mikalai Charnavus received today a notice from the Baranavichy District and City Court saying that his private complaint had been sent to the Brest Regional Court. The letter says that the Brest Regional Court will hear the claim on May 5.
“I appealed to the City Court against the illegal actions of the chairperson of the election commission of constituency No. 21 Larysa Antonava, who did everything to prevent my appearance on Baranavichy radio. However, the judge refused to consider my complaint against the election official in connection with lack of jurisdiction. So I wrote to the Brest Regional Court asking to prosecute the former head of the election commission for violating electoral laws,” says Mikalai Charnavus.
“Human Rights Defenders for Free Elections”