Candidate in Baranavichy complains about ban on radio speech

2014 2014-03-21T15:17:56+0300 2014-03-21T15:17:56+0300 en http://spring96.org/files/images/sources/charnavus-u-sudze.jpg The Human Rights Center “Viasna” The Human Rights Center “Viasna”
The Human Rights Center “Viasna”

A candidate in Baranavichy, Mikalai Charnavus sent an urgent appeal to the court to challenge unlawful actions by the Chairperson of the Election Commission in constituency No. 21 Larysa Antonava. In his complaint, the candidate says that he is at a disadvantage with other candidates, as he has prepared a speech on the radio, but the Election Commission has done everything to block his appearance.

“I was on the radio, but they told me that the speeches had already been completed on March 14. I have for three times, on 24 April, 6 and 7 March, met with Ms. Antonava, and, as it became known to me, she intentionally excluded ​​my name from the list of candidates supposed to speak on the radio. On March 14, I wrote a complaint to the chairman of the CEC Lidziya Yarmoshyna, but to no avail. And therefore I appealed to the City Court,” said the candidate.

"Human Rights Defenders for Free Elections"

Latest news

слухаць Радыё рацыя Міжнародная федэрацыя правоў чалавека Беларуская Інтэрнэт-Бібліятэка КАМУНІКАТ Грамадзкі вэб-архіў ВЫТОКІ Антидискриминационный центр АДЦ 'Мемориал' Prava-BY.info Беларускі Праўны Партал Межрегиональная правозащитная группа - Воронеж/Черноземье
Московская Хельсинкская группа
Молодежное Правозащитное Движение
amnesty international