Human Rights Alliance announces the winners in its nominations
This year's nominees were:
- Journalist of the Year - Henadz Barbarych (Radio “Racyja”), Valery Kalinouski (Radio “Liberty”) and the program "I Have the Right" (TV channel “Belsat”);
- Human rights activist of the year - Andrei Bandarenka ("Platform") , Tamara Siarhei (public initiative "Against lawlessness in the courts and the prosecutor's office"), Leanid Sudalenka (lawyer, Homel);
- The lawyer of the year - Hary Pahaniaila (Belarusian Helsinki Committee).
The best lawyer was declared Hary Pahaniaila, the best human rights defender - Andrei Bondarenka, and the journalist – the program "I have the right".
Winners in 2012:
- Journalist of the Year – Andrei Pachobut;
- Lawyer of the year – Alina Shostak and Alvina Dryha;
- Human rights activist of the year – Liubou Kavaliova.
Winners in 2011:
- Journalists of the year – Yuliya Darashkevich and Uladzimir Hrydzin;
- Lawyers of the year – Dar'ya Lipkina and Maryna Kavaleuskaya;
- Human rights activist of the year – Ales Bialiatski.