“BelSat” journalist issued with a warning
This is the eighth warning of the
prosecutor’s office of independent journalists in this year.
On Friday, journalist Tatsiana Belashova was summoned to Minsk city prosecutor's office in connection with the activity of the TV channel "BelSat", reports the press service of the Belarusian Association of Journalists.
Prosecutor Dzmitry Pastayalka reminded the journalist about her arrest in Gorky Park in Minsk on June 1 during the preparation of a video footage. According to prosecutor, this video material, made by Tatsiana, went on the air of "BelSat".
In this regard, Tatsiana Belashova
received a warning against violating of the law "On Mass Media", in
particular, working without accreditation in favor of the Polish TV channel.
The warning was delivered to the journalist, signed by the deputy prosecutor of
Minsk Kasimir Kezhun.
Tatsiana said that she did not consider herself guilty, and therefore refused to sign the prosecutor's warning.
Recall that during the current year such prosecutorial warnings were issued in regard of a number of independent journalists, and in June the Investigative Committee of Belarus officially announced the beginning of inspection of all "BelSat" activities.
Written notices of the prosecutor's office in 2012:
1. Alina Radachynskaya (Minsk, 28 March)
2. Volcha Chaichyts (Minsk, 28 March)
3. Dzmitry Krauchuk (Minsk, 22 March)
4. Dzmitry Kisialiou (Brest, 19 March, but dated 27 February)
5. Hrazhyna Shalkevich (Hrodna, 27 February)
6. Aliaksandr Dzianisau (Hrodna, 21 February)
7. Viktar Parfianenka (Hrodna, 21 February)
8. Mikalai Dziatchenia (Hrodna, 16 February)