Niasvizh: Another Conflict around Cult Building
According to RFE/RL
The subject of controversy between Niasvizh authorities and the local Catholic believers is a 18th century building which used to belong to the Catholic church till 1939 (Bolshevik seizure of the Western Belarus) and where priests lived. Then the building was confiscated and owned by Niasvizh executive committee, which placed a printing house there.
In 2004 the building became vacant and the authorities promised to return it to the church. However, this year they changed their mind and put the house to an auction. The indignant believers threaten the hinder the visits of official delegations to the local Catholic church, architectural monument of the 16th century.