EU and USA Officials Would Not Enter Belarus

2006 2006-06-08T10:00:00+0300 1970-01-01T03:00:00+0300 en The Human Rights Center “Viasna” The Human Rights Center “Viasna”
The Human Rights Center “Viasna”

Minsk has drawn up a list of officials of the EU and the USA for whom the entry to Belarus would be banned, told a spokesperson of the Belarusian Foreign Ministry Andrei Papou at a press conference in Minsk on Thursday. These measures have been taken by the Belarusian side as an answer to the restriction for entry to the USA for the Belarusian officials to the EU and the USA and a based on the symmetry principle, told A. Papou. The Belarusian side has prepared a list of persons for whom entry to Belarus is limited. It concerns officials of the EU, the USA and from other countries that officially joined the restrictions, told the press-secretary of the Foreign Ministry of Belarus.

As said by A. Papou, most odious politicians, that had been assessing the situation in Belarus one-sidedly, created a distorted image of political and economic conditions in Belarus, have been included to the list.

Besides, people who were making moves to interfere with the internal affairs of Belarus during the election campaign were entered in the list.

As said by the press secretary of the Foreign Ministry, the list would not be made public.

As we have informed, the EU had banned entry to all countries of the EU for more than 30 officials and politicians of Belarus. Later the USA and a number of other countries joined these measures.
Source: www.charter97.org

слухаць Радыё рацыя Міжнародная федэрацыя правоў чалавека Беларуская Інтэрнэт-Бібліятэка КАМУНІКАТ Грамадзкі вэб-архіў ВЫТОКІ Антидискриминационный центр АДЦ 'Мемориал' Prava-BY.info Беларускі Праўны Партал Межрегиональная правозащитная группа - Воронеж/Черноземье
Московская Хельсинкская группа
Молодежное Правозащитное Движение
amnesty international