Minsk: Trials of Artur Finkevich’s Supporters
The police arrested eight persons of those who came to Minsk Pershamaiski Borough Court to express solidarity with the youth activist Artur Finkevich who was to be tried there. Among the detainees there were two journalists, Tatsiana Snitko and Natallia Valakida, who were released after showing their journalist certificates. All other detainees were tried at Minsk Pershamaiski Borough Court and received the following sentences:
1. Nadzeia Batura – 5 days of jail by the judge Viktoryia Makukha
2. Andrei Ihnatchyk – 5 days of jail
3. Aliaksei Kazulin (nephew of the ex-candidate to presidency Aliaksandr Kazulin) – 5 days of jail by the judge Alia Iashchanka
4. Aliaksandr Reznikau – 5 days of jail by the judge Petukh
5. Krystsina Shatsikava (mother of two children, cousin of the missing ORT cameraman Dzmitry Zavadski) – fined 1 550 000 rubles by the judge Viktoryia Makukha
6. Iury Talstoi – 5 days of jail by the judge Alia Iashchanka.
The detention was conducted by the policemen from Minsk Pershamaiski Borough Board of Internal Affairs Amosau, Milevich and probationer Iazinski. Amosau said that a ?#152;prophylactic talk’ would be conducted with the detainees.