Minsk: Results of Trials of Public Activists and Persons Who Were Detained after Meeting with Milinkevich
On 13 March Minsk Kastrychnitski Borough Court issued the following verdicts to the persons who were detained after the meeting with the candidate to the presidential position Aliaksandr Milinkevich near Saliut cinema on 12 March.
The judge Natallia Pratasavitskaia tried the four detainees who were accused of violation of the order of holding of mass actions (article 167.1 of the Code of Administrative Violations) because they ‘threw snowballs in members of BRSM and chanted anti-state slogans’.
Here are the verdicts:
1. Pavel Kirushchanka - 10 days of jail;
2. Siarhei Laurenkin - 10 days of jail;
3. Ivan Shcharbakou - 3 days of jail;
4. Uladzimir Vysotski - 3 days of jail.
Minsk Leninski Borough Court:
1. Aliaksandr Hoishyk - sentenced to 15 days of jail by the judge Viktar Hanchar;
2. Illia Petravets - sentenced to 8 days of jail by the judge Iulia Shumskaia;
3. Uladzimir Valodzin - fined by the judge Tatsiana Zhukouskaia.
Minsk Frunzenski Borough Court:
1. the activist of Zubr Aleh Labaty was sentenced to 3 days of jail for ‘petty hooliganism’ (article 156 of the Code of Administrative Violations);
2. the Ukrainian citizen Anatoliy Yatsenko - sentenced to 10 days of jail by the judge Iulia Lukomskaia;
3. the Ukrainian citizen Mykola Karpinskyi -- sentenced to 10 days of jail by the judge Valeryia Stsiapanava.
4. the Ukrainian citizen Natallia Kosarchuk - sentenced to 10 days of jail by the judge Iulia Lukomskaia.
Minsk Maskouski Borough Court judged Mikhail Volchak for alleged violation of article 156 of the Code of Administrative Violations (petty hooliganism). On 12 March riot policemen in plain clothes also detained the activist of Milinkevich’s headquarters Mikhail Volchak and took him to Minsk Maskouski Borough Board of Internal Affairs. There he was accused of swearing in public (article 156 of the Code of Administrative Violations, hooliganism). The police beat him and fractured one of his fingers. On 13 March he was taken to a hospital with a high blood pressure. However, the doctors didn’t hospitalize him and then he was taken to the court.